Mobile & Tablet Development – The Times, they are a changin'
So you've heard about the "Mobile Revolution" and are trying to figure out why/how your business can benefit from expanding your web presence through mobile and tablet targeted applictions? If you're sitting on the fence, let's start with some facts...
Worldwide App Downloads
Worldwide App Revenue (Projected)
Users accessing content through mobile web
As you can see, the number of Apps being downloaded are increasing, with revenue increasing exponentially. Similarly, more and more users are accessing all forms of content on the mobile web rather than the traditional web; and browsing a traditional website can be incredibly frustrating on a smaller screen, using your finger rather than a mouse cursor.
App or Mobile Website? That is the question.
So you may ask yourself what's the difference? The chances are if you're using a smartphone, you know exaclty what an App is. They can be acquired via your device's App store and give feature-rich functionality to the user. But a mobile website is different. A Mobile website is simply giving your website self-awareness and allowing it to tailor its content when it establishes it is being viewed on a tablet or a mobile device. Both or either of these can be implemented depending on your company's needs...
Why develop an App?
- Apps target users of mobile devices, which can allow you to market your business to niche markets.
- Apps often work quicker and give a better user experience for mobile viewers.
- Apps have very effective way of being memorable due to the ability to update the applications and maintain relevance.
Why develop a Mobile Website?
- Mobile websites have mass-market appeal as they can be viewed by any device with a web browser.
- Mobile sites are good for delivering search based content and are easier to integrate with existing online marketing.
- Initial costs for developing a mobile site are offset by less cost for maintenance.
Need some help deciding?
If you want to discuss your company's mobile strategy and how you can be making the most out of the mobile revolution feel free to give us a call or get in touch now
Sources: Chief Marketer, Business Insider, InfoTech, Gartner, Zokem, Nielsen.